Last night I went to Babies R Us. It wasn't for me actually, it was for friend of mine from church. She has had many issues with infertility as well. In fact, she and her husband have been trying for children for almost twenty years, had foster children, had numerous failed placements, etc... She and her husband are finally having twins through a surrogate mother and I think it's wonderful! Her baby shower is a couple days before mine and of course I am going. Well naturally I parked in the first available spot I could find. And as I was getting out of my car I noticed a sign posted at the front of my car that read "Expectant Mothers Parking". For a second I thought, "Oops! I better move". And then I thought, "Wait a second. I'm an expectant mother, am I not?" So, my car stayed put and I (a little worried that someone would see me and accuse me of not being an expectant mother) walked into the store. Got the gift and left. Once I sat back into my car and got ready to drive home a thought occurred to me, "Maybe this kind of parking is available for women who are honestly barren with child and don't want to walk a long distance through a busy parking lot on account of how uncomfortable they are."
Hmmm... I'm such a jerk! Lesson learned.
5 comments:
Not a jerk. I think you're like most expectant mothers - you have a lot on your mind. It's okay. It's not like you parked in an employee carpool spot. Cuz that would be pushing the line.
I would have parked in either! lol Call that lazy on my part though! It sounds like a lot of ladies are on board for Saturday! We can't wait!!
That is SO funny! I see those signs all over in Utah! I thought it was just a Utah thing...that is funny! and you are "expecting" so go ahead & park there! :0) That is way funny~ We are excited for you and Diego!!
Gail! I had so much fun seeing you on Saturday too!! I can't wait to get together again! As for parking in the expectant mother's spot. You are totally an expectant mother, so don't feel guilty!
Hey gail this is tiffany, crystals sis in law! Your so not a jerk! I never park there unless prego! That is a good idea though! I think any mom should get their own parking if their kids are in tow or if you are expecting! I'm glad you didn't move your car! You have every right to park there!! I heard the shower was great, sorry I was out of town!! I can't wait to meet your little boy!! Congrats!!
Post a Comment