Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Rotting Pumpkin

So Diego and I carved this awesome pumpkin over the weekend. And we forgot to take a picture of it! It's already starting to rot, I think because it's still so warm here. The weather's not cold enough to keep it nice and fresh. Anyway, it was a spider with great, long, slender legs. But as the days have passed, they don't look so slender anymore. They now look kind of fat and gushy. Ah, so sad. We were so proud of it. Diego's actually a little embarrassed of me posting the picture. But I assured him we will carve another one a little closer to Halloween and I'll take a picture of that one while it's still in it's true form.


3 comments:

Crystal said...

I think it looks both beautiful and not rotten. Good job, friends.

Dan S. said...

Sadly, the world promotes a message that all pumpkin spiders must possess skinny legs to measure up to an unrealistic standard of arachnid-squash beauty. But I embrace your fat legged pumpkin spider and say to that pumpkin spider "It's OK to be you. Don't worry about losing your skinny legs as your pumpkin rots. I like you the way you are."

:) Happy Halloween!

Gail said...

Ha ha! Dan, you're hilarious. I'm so glad you visited my blog!