Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Adoption

So many of you know, and many of you don't, but Diego and I are in fact trying to adopt. After six greuling months of failed fertility treatments and procedures, we decided to take another route in creating our family. We never expected to have to deal with this but it's okay. Our marriage has only become stronger as a result. I feel so blessed in so many other ways that it's hard for me to complain. Actually, I feel blessed to be a part of such a unique experience. I feel special to be part of something as wonderful as adoption.

At the moment, we are right in the middle of filling out what seems like an endless amount of paperwork in order to just be approved to adopt. It's a long process, and for most couples, the wait to be placed with a child is even longer. I have met some really great ladies that have been waiting years to be placed with a child. I just ask that if any of you know someone that is thinking of placing their child for adoption; a sibling, a friend, a distant relative...let me know. I have met some great people. I got connections! I would love to help out my friends as much as I can.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

That's so exciting! I know my parents had a blast doing their paperwork, getting everything notarized, making copies, praying the social worker wouldn't go into the garage during the home visit, etc. No, not really. It was a lot of work, but they did it. And if they did it, anyone can.
Sometimes I meet kids at my school who are pregnant, but I don't really know how to bring it up: so, you keeping your baby or what?

Laurel said...

Yay! So glad you found me. :) I have some friends here who just adopted 4 siblings from Columbia! I will ask them about more info if you want it?

Maggie & Nate said...

Gail!!
I did not know you had a blog...but this is Great! ;0)
Mine is nateandmags.blogspot.com
I am still in school so it is not pretty like everyone elses but you are more then welcome to look at it...
I will email you then site...k

MattJulieGavin said...

gail that is awesome! you are going to be an amazing mom! i know of couples who have had to wait a little while for a baby, but i also know of couples that haven't had to wait long at all. but it will be an incredibly experience either way...it's somewhat close to the heart...so i think you are doing such an incredibly thing. are you going through LDSFS?

Gail said...

Oh yea Maggie! Yes you do that.

Thanks Julie. I hope so.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

How exciting! I have a friend in town who has adopted two children from China. She has a little girl who she brought home a few years ago and she just came home a few weeks ago with a little boy. It was a long process but well worth it.. I got to experience most of everything they had to do with her little boy in order to bring him home to their little family. Now she has two beautiful children!

JoykLucyb said...

Gail- so I'm blog hopping and discovering friends from EAC from everyone elses' blogs. This is Amanda Rogers, I married your 2nd or 3rd cousin Dale Rogers and we were in the same dorm community at EAC. Good luck with the adoption. Dale's brother adopted a little boy and he and my oldest daughter are best friends. In case you're interested, my blog is
http://joyblucyk.blogspot.com/

Gail said...

Oh yes, it's with LDSFS.

Annie said...

I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers. I think it's awesome that you're going to adopt. There are so many cute kids out there who need good homes. Eileen and her husband actually just adopted a couple of years ago and he is a doll. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Love,
Annie