Remember my ode to the MTV hit "16 and Pregnant"? Well, I am suffering from a major addiction to the show. I'm seriously an addict. The second season has begun and I have to watch all the episodes. I usually find myself super frustrated at the girls and how silly they're acting and I find myself feeling not as satisfied as I wanted to be when the show is over. But I still find myself looking for re-runs, hoping there may have been some parts that I missed, hoping to fill that void I always feel when it's over. I know why I watch the show. I have become so passionate about adoption and what a wonderful option it is that I hope one of these girls might consider it. And I compare. I compare how wonderful our birthmom is to the other girls. How mature and lovely and smart she is. I do feel the show does a good job of not glamorizing the whole teens raising babies thing. But it's soooo frustrating! I just want to smack those girls and hug them at the same time and yell at them "What in the world are you doing?" So, lets think about this:
-I absolutely HAVE to watch every episode.
-I watch to get a sense of relief but find myself very frustrated in the end.
-I look for re-runs hoping that a sense of relief will come but it never does.
-I know I need to stop watching but I always want more.
What do you think? Addict. Yes? I told Diego last night that I thought I was an addict and he said, "Well, if you're an addict, there's not much we can do." That's the spirit honey! Way to be supportive.
4 comments:
Your posts crack me up. I need to come watch that show with you.
Gail, I understand...at one point when I was living with your sister I was addicted to Flavor of Love. I have been off of FOL for two years now but it still haunts me.
Thanks Leslie. It's really nice to have someone that understands.
Well, I too had an addiction to watching "Jon and Kate plus 8". I watched it faithfully to the very last episode. I was not happy that they went off the air - but I thought it was best for the children's sake. All that drama between Jon and Kate was sickening.
I do miss watching the cute sextuplets. My husband used to ask me "don't you get tired of seeing so many kids. Didn't you have enough with raising your own and all the grandchildren?"
I'd tell him "NO".
But really it was fun to watch the show.
Maria & Oscar PLUS Eight (O:
Post a Comment