Thursday, January 21, 2010

Toilet Paper

It has just been one of those days. Maybe it has something to do with the weather? We have been stuck inside all day because it's pouring outside. It started this morning when Josh decided to pee all over the couch as I was changing his diaper. And Diego decided to tell me, "This is why I always tell you not to change him on the couch!" Thanks dear. Later on this afternoon I was trying to work at the computer on some primary stuff when it became unusually quiet and that can never be a good sign when Josh is around. Well I think the picture below says it all. I think almost every kid does this, right?

(Please ignore the super dirty mirror. It's just water spots magnified by the camera flash.)

There is a reason why the trash can sits on top of the toilet these days. I'm positive some toilet paper was ingested at this point. I pulled out as much as I could but that stuff dissolves so fast, I'm sure I didn't get all of it. At least it's not poisonous. So I wadded up the almost full roll of toilet paper laying on the floor, gave Josh some toys, and went back to work. Once again - silence. Only this time it was followed by a strange squishy, squirty noise. I run back into the bathroom to find Josh kneeling on his soap bottle. Johnson and Johnson is all over the floor. Luckily, I had a newly acquired wad of toilet paper to clean it all up with. Now it's naptime and Josh is in bed. But what awaits for the rest of the day is a mystery.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Days like these seem like they will never end and how can one little person do so much damage... sigh! So funny.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

hahahaha! you're not alone sister.

Maggie & Nate said...

Gail that is a funny story...you have to tell u s what happens next...da da da...

:0~

Sophia said...

Yes, every kid does unroll at least one roll of toilet paper. I have a picture of Sophia doing this very thing. Xander thinks he needs to use half the toilet paper roll when he goes to the bathroom. He flooded our downstairs bathroom in December. He walked out of the bathroom like everything was fine...I guess he didn't want to get in trouble. :)

Joshy is sooo funny! Thanks for posting that picture...I love his guilty face. Gail, you think that was a mess to clean up?!...just wait till he starts playing with his dirty diapers!

Nishant said...

you're still my VT partner so I don't have to become inactive.

Work from home India

Mom Cove said...

I've been trying to make a comment and for some reason it erases. Could it be that I clicked on the work from home India site (just curious)before starting my comment?

Gail said...

No mom. I changed the settings on my comments because of the junk comments I've been getting. Now every time you leave a comment, I have to approve it first. If I approve it, then it will show up on my blog. That's all.