Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Primary Secretary? Eeeek!

That's my new calling for our brand new ward. You know, I've been the 1st counselor in primary before and didn't feel nearly as stressed as I do now. It's not like someone was released and I'm replacing her. I'm starting from scratch. That means new attendance rosters, new hall signs, new scripture/prayer/talk assignment sheets, new scouts lists, new birthday lists, new sunday conducting forms, etc... All created by me! I do believe that once I have all my lists created I will enjoy the calling a little more but for now I live, breath, and eat primary. I'm super happy that I don't have to do sharing time or conduct on sundays. That I am thankful for. And I like leaving sacrament five minutes early to put attendance rosters in the classrooms. Ha ha! Maybe I feel too inadequate for this. Maybe I'm worried about having such a big calling at the same time as Diego. Is that it? I don't know. Wish me luck please.

Oh! One more thing. We have been successfully putting Josh to bed awake for the past two weeks. For naps and at night. I'm beginning to believe that Heavenly Father helped me have such an easy time training Josh specifically because he knew I would need a lot of time to work on my calling.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Sugardoodle.net is a lifesaver. People get on and post all there stuff premade and it'll save you a ton of time! I get most of my singing time ideas off of there or sites that it links me too! Good luck! Lot's of prayers and you'll do fine!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I'm not even a little surprised. You'll do great at that calling!!!! And yea for Josh going to sleep awake, that's awesome! I hope you're still my VT partner so I don't have to become inactive.

Connie said...

You will do great! Primary is super-busy, but it will be fun and you are working with some awesome ladies! You will get through the learning curve and right now it sounds like you are more than on top of things! Good luck!

Maggie & Nate said...

wow-but Gail you will do great!! :0)

Megan said...

I just got called to be the secretary at the end of Dec. also. So, even though it isn't a new ward I have been doing all the same things you have been doing. It is crazy! Not only that, but I DO have to do sharing time and conducting. I taught my first time this last Sunday. I was terrified!
Good Luck, and let me know if you get any great ideas.