Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's finally final!

The adoption finalization was yesterday! Actually, I wanted to post this yesterday but... I was just tired when I got home! We got to the courthouse a little before 9:30 am. It was sooo crowded. A volunteer came up to us and asked if we were finalizing. When we said yes, she told us she would be our escort. Thanks so much to my sisters for coming! It really meant a lot to me.

(So, the balloon's in my face but Josh looks so cute that I had to post this picture anyway.)


After walking through the security gates and up a flight of stairs, our escort led us to courtroom number 3. That's our caseworker from LDS Family Services, Talaisha, who met us there.

We were seriously in the courtroom for less than ten minutes. They just asked us some routine questions, like our birthdates, our full names, and our marriage date. The judge was very nice with letting us take pictures after the hearing was over. Then, our little escort took us back down the stairs where we got a family photo taken, a pretty picture frame for the photo, and then on to the clerk's office to get some of our paperwork notarized. We don't have the photo yet. They will be sending it to us in the mail. After that, we were done! We went outside and let the kiddies get their faces painted while we ate popcorn. My bishop asked me today if I got teary during the hearing. You know, I really didn't. It was so fast that I didn't have time to and I'm kind of glad about that. I've been so excited about the sealing that I hadn't really thought about how special this day was for us also. November 21st, Joshy. November 21st.


13 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Yea!!! Gail, I'm so happy for you guys. I bet it is such a relief to have it all final!

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Gail, I am SO happy for you! I have been thinking of you and this special day coming up. How wonderful it will be when you are all sealed in the temple!!

Maggie & Nate said...

That is super Gail!!! :0) We are so excited for you & Diego!

:0)

Kevin said...

Congratulations!! And isn't that funny how your reactions to certain situations can be totally different than you expect and plan them to be?
--Chelsea

Andrea said...

Well, I'm getting teary for you after reading your last couple lines. Congratulations, Mommy!

Andrea said...

...and Daddy too! (Sorry for the oversight, Diego)

Rheslie said...

WHOORAY!!!! What a wonderful super fantastic day! I am just so happy for your family and I think you win cutest family!

Jamie said...

Good stuff, Gail! Cutest picture of Josh ever! By the way, he did so good in church yesterday. I watched him for a little bit. He's such a good baby. :)

Jessica said...

Congratz Gail! That is so exciting and I bet you can't wait to be sealed. He is such a happy little guy and you guys make such a cute family. We totally have to get together here soon so we can meet him!

MattJulieGavin said...

Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful!

Katy said...

Yeah!! I can only imagine how happy you feel to know he's yours 100% for time...and in a few days for eternity!!

I hope I can see that boy again and the parents he owns 100%. Thinking of you!

Annie said...

I got teary for you reading that! Congrats to you and your beautiful family Gail.

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

We are so excited for you guys! That is amazing!