Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Best Week Ever!

Sorry I'm a little late with this post. Despite last week being the best week ever, this week is still super busy for us. I've been working in the afternoons and we're trying to prepare our ward Christmas breakfast on saturday. After this weekend, maybe we'll be able to breathe a little. Oh, and finally put up our Christmas decorations and do a little shopping. Anyway, here's the rundown of the best week ever:

Tuesday - My parents drive over from chilly New Mexico, we go to dinner.

Wednesday - We make pies and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Diego's sister and kids drive over from chilly New Mexico to stay with us.

Thursday - Thanksgiving at my sister's house! Deeelish.

Friday - Josh's sealing! Such a wonderful experience. I know I said I didn't cry for the finalization. Well, I did for this. I cried hard. Really hard. I couldn't hold it in. And the sealing only lasts about 30 seconds! I thought I could handle it. Josh behaved so well in the temple too. He didn't cry at all until after we were finished because he wanted his bottle. I left my camera in our car which was in the church parking lot across the street so I didn't get to take pictures. But, our friend, Larry, came to do a little photo-shoot for us after we got out of the temple so I'll make a good post with those pics. And I'm hoping my sister-in-law will send me some of the pictures she took. After we left the temple, everyone came to our house for sandwiches. That night we went back to the temple to see the lights. I made everyone show up at 6:00 only to find out that the lights wouldn't turn on until 7:00. Whoops! Sorry! So we walked around the visitors center and looked at the nativities display. After the lights, we hit Coldstone. Mmmm.

Saturday - Diego's 30th birthday! And a second Thanksgiving feast in Surprise with Diego's family.

Sunday - Josh's blessing. It was beautiful Diego. Then we came home and Josh decided he was sick. He finally feels better today.

(Friday morning before the sealing)

(Temple lights)

(Diego's cake made by our very talented 6 year old niece. And a little help from Marissa.)

4 comments:

JoykLucyb said...

Congrats! I remember when Dale's brother Flint and his wife Jan had their adopted son, Cooper, sealed to them. I remember the baby blessing too. So special. I'm so excited for you!
Amanda

Andrea said...

Yay, for the best week ever! Congratulations again! I love that little smile of Josh's in the second picture as he cuddles up to his mama.

Mom Cove said...

We're Soooo glad that we were there, too. Great moments to remember, and record in our minds, hearts and journals.

I agree that Joshie's blessing was wonderful. He's already very blessed having such a great Mommy and Daddy.

Love you guys!

Megan said...

You are an amazing mom! Cute little guy. I am so happy for you. Congratulations!