Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Little Travel Partner

I know many of you were waiting in great anticipation to hear how my travels with Baby J went last week (just kidding!). Well, he was wonderful! My early morning flight plan worked. We made it to the airport an hour early. I was stopped in security, which I fully expected, because I had a water bottle in my bag. But it was just the one, as opposed to four baby bottles filled with water. So they only had to do one test strip thingy. Josh was super flirty and friendly with many women as we waited at the gate to board the plane. We got to sit in the very front row window seat! AND nobody sat right next to us. There was a nice lady on the aisle but the middle seat was free. I think that really helped Josh not feel so bombarded. Plus, the front row is very spatious and I don't think Josh could really see how many people were surrounding him. He flirted some more with the lady on the aisle seat, had a bottle and took a nap. When we landed "Nice Lady" let us off before her so we were the very first people off the plane. It was perfect!

Diego and I were not looking forward to the eight-hour drive home yesterday. But look at what Josh did all the way from Los Alamos to Gallup! That's four hours right there! Josh does not sleep for four consecutive hours during the day. Actually, he usually doesn't even sleep for one full hour. We stopped in Gallup for gas and lunch so he woke up. We thought for sure he would cry the rest of the way home. I mean, what baby wants to sit awake in his car seat for four more hours? Josh does! He talked, and played with his toys, and had two more bottles the rest of the way home. What a good boy! Diego and I were so impressed. The only time Josh really cried during our little trip, was during the wedding reception. It was really loud and so many people were excited to see him and hold him. He freaked out a little and kind of fussed the entire time. Other than that, he really was quite a pleasure to be around.

(On a funny side note, the wedding reception colors were brown and teal. The dress I wore to the wedding is in the new picture header. Look at those colors! Could I have been any more matchy matchy?)

8 comments:

Savannah said...

Glad it went well. I love the new family picture!

Maggie & Nate said...

Gail~ I love the new pic! I am so glad Josh did so well! :0)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

K I've been anxious to hear how it went, YEA Josh!!! I'm so glad it went well!

Crystal said...

Matchy Matchy Green Squared

Mom Cove said...

I thought it was very well planned. There were others wearing those same colors, so I automatically assumed.

We were so glad to see all of you. I'm so proud of little (Big) Joshie, too. What a joy!

Sophia said...

I WAS curious to know how the airplane ride went. I'm so glad you both had a better experience this time! That's so cute that Joshy was "flirty" with the ladies. I can just imagine him smiling and talking to them. He's really soooooo cute! Give him a big hug from me please. :)

How did the wedding go? Did you guys have a good time? I'll have to call you to get all the juicy details!

Gordon and Patricia Peterson said...

Gail -

Please send me a PDF copy of your family picture. You know it's important when Mom wants to frame it and put it on the piano.

We're so glad for you.

Love, Dad.

Crystal said...

Josh's pics made the piano? WOW! That's big big-time news!