
My sister, Crystal, hates Walmart. I, on the other hand, think it's okay. I won't say I love it, because no I don't. But I'm not ashamed to say that I do my weekly grocery shopping there. We really do save a lot of money. Aside from saving money, I know Walmart can have it's bad sides too. Such as a smaller selection of good produce, large crowds, and an occassional semi-creepy employee or two. I do believe I've given Crystal another reason to hate Walmart. Now, I take a lot of responsibility in what happened today. A lot. Well, let me tell you the story.
My parents are coming to visit next week, so I decided to go to Walmart today to pick up some extra food because I most likely won't go grocery shopping while they're here. I got all my stuff and waited in an extra long line to check out (yet another reason...). I went through the motions, got all my food bagged and back into the cart when I realized that I left my debit card at home! That's my fault. One hundred percent my fault. So I sheepishly explained my situation to the cashier and asked if they could hold my cart so I could run home and get some money. The lady was super nice. She said my cart would be waiting in customer service for me and I could just run in and pay when I got back. I zoomed home, thinking about the vanilla ice cream I left sitting in that cart hoping it wouldn't melt. Well, I did get back only to find a huge line flowing outside of customer service. So, I went to the back of the line and waited, and waited, and waited... Finally, I got to the desk and tried to pay. BUT, somebody had taken all the cold stuff out of my cart and put it all away! Up until that point, it really was my fault. But it was sooo they're fault for putting half of my groceries away! Seriously, it was about half. I just took the cart and pretty much started grocery shopping all over again. And they didn't only put the cold stuff away. They put all the produce away as well. Awesome. At least the ice cream didn't melt, right? It was just a long stupid ordeal. I'm happy to be home and I'll probably back at Walmart in a few days for something else. It's just like the slogan says, "The High Cost of Low Price."
2 comments:
Worst wal mart story EVER!!!! I am so super sorry for you and here is why. I think items take so long to pick out and it is hard work. To have someone swoop in and take it all away is a horrible feeling!
I'll add another reason:
We wait in a long line to pick up our Prescriptions**, and I mean long. Often, they don't have it filled OR only partly filled - soooooo we have to return,and stand in another looooong line to get the rest.
Best thing is to call ahead and see if they have filled the order. That however, doesn't solve the problem of the long line.
Just the frustration of leaving empty handed.
**(Between granpa and I we buy 13 Rxs a month).:0(
Post a Comment