Sunday, May 3, 2009

Well, what would you do?!

Josh and I went to lunch with my sister on saturday. As we were leaving, an old man spotted the baby:

Old Man - "Hey Butch!"
Old Man's Wife (we will call her Old Lady) - "He's adorable!"
Me - "Oh thanks so much."
Old Lady - "How old is he?"
Me - "He's just about two months."
Old Lady - "Really?"
Me - "Yup."
Old Lady - "Well, you look fantastic."
Me - "Wow, thanks!"

No, this isn't the first time this has happened. But it's so much easier to just say thanks. When the cashier at Paradise Bakery said the same thing, I went into this whole long explanation about how my baby is adopted and that's why I look this way, it became rather awkward. So now I just say thanks.

6 comments:

Maggie & Nate said...

That is a great idea!! It gets long and complicated to explain the whole thing...I have learned to say thanks for a whole lot of things...it helps and doesn't make you think what to say or how to say it and it just makes life easier...(although these are two different aspects) :0~

Laurel said...

Exactly! thats what we do when ppl would say how much I look like Julie...we look at each other and say thanks :) lol.

Crystal said...

You DO look fantastic! Might as well live it up.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

I agree saying thanks is a good idea! I am sure you will get tired really fast of having to explain everytime why you look so fabulous! Oh and I love Frito Pie..but I never had it before until I went to College and Jennifer Griffin made it for us. Now I love to make it! That is funny that so many didn't know about it.

Ryan and Chelsea said...

I think saying thanks is the best thing to do! That is what I would do. Gail--I am so sorry I didn't get back to you about lunch! I was meeting a friend in Peoria that afternoon and I completely forgot to email you and let you know that I wouldn't be able to make it. I still want to get together, though. :)

ChristyLou said...

Heck, you do look great so I think taking the compliment is definitely a good idea! You baby is adorable too!