Thursday, April 9, 2009

Diego's a good daddy...

I just have to say my husband is the best father ever. I have several blog-friends that are pregnant right now. Ladies, there is nothing sweeter to see than your husband taking care of your baby. As soon as Diego walks in the door after work he picks up Josh and gives me a break to get other things done. And he takes one of the nighttime shifts every night (that's the nice thing about bottle-fed babies). You always wonder what your spouse will be like with children. I mean, we all know our men will be good fathers. That's one of the reasons we married them. But, it's just really nice to finally visualize it.

Bye the way, yes Josh is still having problems eating. I won't write too much about it because it's not that fun for others to read. Basically, the medicine prescribed by his doctor worked for about 5 days and then stopped completely. So, we're pretty much back at square one. Good news is his birthmom went through the very same thing as a baby and she outgrew it in a couple months. Through it all, he still makes sure to smile. What a trooper!

7 comments:

Maggie & Nate said...

cute little Joshua!!! How happy he looks and I am very sure he has a loving mommy & daddy... :0)

Rachel said...

he is a cutie! yeah, sometimes i wish luke could feed him at night, but at the same time, it was ok cause i knew he would wake up to go to work.... don't you love being a mom? It is hard to explain but you feel so overwhelmed with love huh? and it gets more and more like that

Diego said...

What...who me...I hate children! ; ) jk

I've always wanted to be a Daddy, and since this may be the one and only chance I get, I figure I better make the most of it.

Katy said...

I love that smile!

Oh, and hang in there sweet Gail. I can't give any helpful advice on this feeding stuff...at least not yet until I have a newborn that eats by mouth! Just follow your gut - if you think he'll grow out of it, then just wait patiently. If you ever think something else could be going on, no matter what others say, follow your hunches and look into it! I hope little Josh will be eating perfectly soon!

Sophia said...

Awww, how cute Diego! You've always been good with kids. Sophia and Alexander love you to death!

I love that picture of Joshy smiling. He's so cute!

Kristina said...

Those are my most favorite pics of daddys asleep with their super tiny sweet baby asleep on them! It makes me never want to stop having babies! And yuck...acid reflux? Call me if you need to talk...my 3rd baby had it and unfourtunately he suffered for 3 months till will found out what it was and got him some help! I wish you the best. And yeah, Diego ROCKS!

Kristina said...

K, I should have read your old posts 1st; pulling his head back when he is eating & "bobbing" off and on the bottle, being frustrated like that are ALL major signs of acid reflux. The dr diagnosed my baby just by watching him eat. Seriously call me!