Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Joshua

Joshua Diego Salgado
3/4/09 6:00 am
7 lbs, 6 oz
20"








He's here! Sorry it took so long. I'm finally starting to feel like a real person again and not so much a zombie anymore. These past two weeks have been crazy! Baby J was born via an unplanned C-Section, we spent 3 nights in the hospital, and then we spent another week in New Mexico waiting for the approval to bring him home to another state. It was a very emotional time, especially due to the extreme lack of sleep we all suffered from. He's so cute! He looks just like birthmommy. I think about her a lot. But she tries to look at this in a positive light and I'm so thankful for that. Josh eats all day long. The nurses kept telling me to feed him every 3 to 4 hours but that's just not enough for the little guy. You can imagine my surprise when he started demanding to be fed every hour and a half. It makes for long nights too. I'm hoping to stretch his schedule out a little more but so far, it's not working. Every day feels a little more normal to me, and I love him more every time I see him.

19 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh! I have been waiting for this post! Congratulations, Mommy, he's gorgeous!

You'll have to keep me posted on the adjustment to "Mommydom".

Crystal said...

I like the bathtime picture. Cutest.

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Gail! I have been on edge ever since I knew you left! I have been so anxious to hear if everything went as planned! I am so glad you are home and that he is doing well. He is a beautiful baby!! So...when you do I get to come and see you? :)

Diego said...

Chelsea, you and the family are welcome to come over anytime! But I'm sure you and Gail will want to schedule something more specific. : )

Unknown said...

Oh he is so adorable! Congratulations! I have been checking your blog every couple of days to see when you would make this post. I'm so glad that everyone is doing well-hopefully soon you both can start sleeping more!

Rachel said...

congrats... he is adorable... and the love keeps growing, every day! it is amazing!

JoykLucyb said...

Gail-
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. My little nephew, Cooper, was adopted and something would definitely be missing if he wasn't here. It really doesn't matter how he became a part of the Roger's family. We love him to death, especially my daughter. They are just 2 months apart and are best friends.
Amanda

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness!! He is about the most stinkin cute little boy ever!! CONGRATS, CONGRATS CONGRATS!! I'm glad you are finally home! I was telling crystal about how my 2 babies were formula fed and they started sleeping through the night by at least 2 months!! I hope that happens for you! My theroy is that they are more full from formula. Just my thought!! I know you are a great mom and will have so much fun with him! Congrats again!!

Savannah said...

He is so super cute! And what an awesome name, but of course I am prejudice since that is hubby's name! I'm glad you guys made it home okay.

Kristina said...

OH MY GOSH GAIL!!!! He is so absolutely adorable! I'm not just saying that either!! You know sometimes people say it just to be nice even though everyone knows the baby is not very cute? Well rest assuried that when people tell you he is beautiful they are telling you the truth!! What a wonderful blessing! I am so happy you are finally home and all is well!

Jamie said...

He's a doll. I'm so happy for you guys. I have a gift for you guys so I'll be stopping by probably sometime tomorrow maybe? If no one answers I'll just leave it on your door step. Can't wait to meet him. Good luck and get some sleep. :)

Scott and Candice Moore said...

He is very Cute indeed! Having a baby is very stressful, tiring and overwhelming but oh so worth it! Their little smiles and coo's are priceless! Eat it up while you can they grow so quickly! Best of Luck to you both!

Noreen said...

What a blessed baby to have you two for his parents! I send hugs, love, and prayers to all 3 of you! Have Fun!

Annie said...

What a beautiful boy! Congratulations, it will be such fun for you!

ColleenaMareena said...

Although they say babies need to eat every 3-4 hours on average, it's good to remember that's an average, so most of the time it's every hour, then they'll have a five-hour stretch where they just sleep.

He's beautiful, congratulations! I hope the birthmama is doing well after her c-section, and that you're having a blast!

Megan said...

Gail and Diego, he is so adorable. I am soooo very happy to hear all this great news. Your little guy is so cute. I wish I lived closer.
Congratulations!

Katy said...

GAIL!!! I've been checking here often...I'm so glad to hear he's home with you!!!! He's just darling and cuddly looking too. Until I finally get to meet him, give him lots and lots of squeezes from me and tell him how so many people are so excited for his arrival!

Take care new mommy and daddy! The adventure has begun!

MattJulieGavin said...

Congratulations!!! I'm thrilled for you and he is gorgeous! I bet she is so thankful to you guys for giving him a wonderful home! congrats mama!

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

He is so darn cute. We are so excited for you guys and all the fun you will have! Good luck getting sleeping and extending the food schedule!!