Friday, February 27, 2009

You may not hear from me for awhile...

So, I leave tomorrow for NM to wait for the baby to be born! Diego will drive straight from Mesa to Albuquerque as soon as he hears birthmom is in labor. In the meantime I'll be kickin' it with my mom in good old Los Alamos.

We had a false alarm on Wednesday! My cell started ringing as I was training my replacement at work. I looked at the screen and saw birthmom's name on it, so naturally I flipped out! She was on her way to the hospital. So I called my husband and we raced home to start packing. She told me she would call us when she knew for sure. About and hour and a half later she called to let us know she was being sent home. Ah man! So, we have been ready for another call any minute these past couple days. Very, very anxious. I feel like I have been waiting for so long, and this moment is actually about to arrive! A year ago today I was recovering from surgery for endometriosis, and was about to endure months and months of horrible fertility tests, treatments, and procedures with no hope in sight of starting a family.

One more word to the birthmother. I love you so much! I know you look at this blog sometimes. What can I say? You mean the world to me. Our friendship has grown so much over these past 6 months. I know so many adoptive couples that would be jealous of the friendship we have. I'm so glad you're a part of our life. You are the strongest person I know. I look at you and I know you will be okay. I just know it. I feel so fortunate. My life has truly been blessed by you.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Gail I'm seriously so excited for you! Enjoy you new little one! And be sure to put up pictures when you're settled. I'm just dying to see him! Good luck!
Love,
Annie

Scott and Candice Moore said...

How exciting! Best of luck to you guys! What an amazing expierence to be part of! :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations, Gail and Diego! We look forward to seeing pics of your little one.

I ran into your parents on Valentines Day at Gabriels. They seem very excited too! Congrats!

Katy said...

Travel safe! What an exciting moment you have awaiting you and Diego!!!! How wonderful to see you both see your new son for the first time!

Love you Gail!

Maggie & Nate said...

Was he born yet?!? I am probably outta the loop but I was in Texas and just got home...email me or text me or call me.

Exciting!

Andrea said...

Are you a Mommy yet?...

Diego said...

Yes! The baby has arrived! I'm sure Gail will make an official post sometime soon, when we get back to Arizona. He (Joshua Diego Salgado) was born on Mar. 4th at 6:00am. He is 7lbs-6oz, 20in long, and in great physical health. The birth parents singed the consent forms on Monday, but we have to wait for state authorization before we go back to AZ.