Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home Study!

We are scheduled for our adoption home study on Monday at 1:00! For those of you who have never adopted before (that's a joke, none of you have adopted before), it's when our caseworker comes and inspects our home to make sure it's safe and kid-friendly. She will also interview Diego and I as a couple, and separately. So all in all, her visit will be about 3 hours long. I think it will go just fine. It's the days leading up to it that will be somewhat hectic. We have had family at our house for a week now. The last bunch just left last night so our house is once again a mess. I would love to devote all of saturday to cleaning the house, but we are on the activities committee and saturday morning is the ward Christmas breakfast. We have to be at the church at 6:00 in the morning! Yucky! And we will get home at a reasonable time, about 10:00, but I'm pretty sure we will be exhausted. Oh well, we will just have to work anyway. And Diego teaches Elders Quorum on sunday so he will have to devote his saturday evening to preparing the lesson. Not to mention there are several requirements for the homestudy that we haven't taken care of either; childproof locks on cabinets containg toxic/hazardous materials, fire extinguisher in the kitchen, guns and ammunition locked away separately, etc...So, I'm a little stressed about how everything is going to get done in time. Oh, and I really wanted to put up our Christmas tree this weekend! Sunday? Maybe?

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! Kind of a pain actually. Not that I don't think putting a child in a safe home is important but I think other things beside putting a child lock on a cabinet is more important. I don't even have those on mine, I probably should, and I did in my last house but I haven't done it in the rental. You guys will do great and pass with flying colors. Let me know if you need any help with cleaning, the party or decorating. Johnny is great at putting up Christmas tress. We are just a few doors down. We'd love to help. Oh and I'll let Trey run through your house if you want to see what needs to be safety proof. He'll let you know what is a hazard real quick. I'm excited for you guys!

FriưrikssonS (and Parents) said...

I know the stress!!! We spent days cleaning every nook and cranny (Luckily it was in Septmeber when I do a Fall clean) but the stress was amazing! I am so glad to not have to do that again.
The appointment was much more laid back and easier than I thought. I am sure you will be fine!!!!

Goodluck!!! We'll be praying for you!

Crystal said...

B, you have the cleanest house I've ever been in. You'll be fine. But good luck!

Dan S. said...

probably should have the "guns and ammunition locked away separately" though :)

Andrea said...

Good luck tomorrow! We are thinking of you!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

How exciting but stressful..just remember if you put your tree up..make sure you have shatter proof orniments on it..not glass! That is a hazard right thier ..cause kids like to throw them! and break them! We like the ones that bounce! Good Luck!s

Gail said...

Thanks everyone! I leave in about 15 minutes for the appointment. Surprisingly, I feel quite relaxed. Not normal Gail behavior at all. But seriously, what in the world could these people have against us? Our house is clean, we are active members of the church, we are financially stable and live in a lovely neighborhood. I think we will be fine.