Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Salgado's!



This was my first year ever to make all of Thanksgiving dinner by myself. Normally, we travel back to New Mexico and visit our families that have done all the cooking. But this year we stayed in AZ and my family came and stayed at our house. It was a lot of fun and my mom helped me every step of the way. I've been kicking myself because I didn't take any pictures of the dinner! I was just so busy and by the time the food was ready all I wanted to do was eat it. Sorry, no dinner pics here, but I did take some pictures of bro-in-law Jacob's delicious pies! Apple, pumpkin and pecan.



And here is Diego enjoying said delicious pies.



Everyone working on a puzzle. This was actually the saturday after Thanksgiving.



It's always a tradition for my family to work on Christmas crafts a day or two after Thanksgiving. I made a beautiful wreath that I was extremely proud of. See how intensely my sisters are working in the background?




After crafts, the family went to the Mesa temple to see the Christmas lights. Diego was out camping so he didn't get to go. Sad. But I still had a really good time.






Oh! And Diego's 29th birthday was on Friday! Happy Birthday Diego!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so proud of you. Thanksgiving dinner is a lot of work and a lot of pressure. I'm sure it was yummy. I'm glad you had your family with you guys. :)

Crystal said...

Posture. See, you and Marianne look nice and straigt, but I look like I'm tipping over backwards. What the heck?!

Heather said...

Thank you for the blackmail Gail! Now I have ACTUAL PROOF that Crystal crafts occasionally. She won't be able to skirt out of it as much anymore! THANK YOU!!! It looks like you guys had a blast! Just think of how much fun next Thanksgiving will be!!!

MattJulieGavin said...

way to go gail! matt does most of the thanksgiving cooking here...i do the yummy treats usually. crafts are a good idea...nice wreath. i want to learn how to do one.

Gail said...

Jamie - Crystal looked out the window for you all afternoon!

Crystal - I was trying really hard.

Heather - To be honest, Crystal didn't really want to craft and the only thing she picked up was a cross stitch. And I kind of forced her into it.

Julie - It was really fun and super easy. I just picked up the already made green wreath and glued all of the holiday stuff onto it.