I'm happy to say the home study went very well. Our caseworker is awesome. She is one of those people that you can tell really takes pride in her work and truly cares about the people she deals with. She exclusively worked with birthmothers up until a few months ago. It's great hearing her side of everything because she knows what these young mothers need from adoptive couples to make them feel comfortable and that they made the right decision in choosing adoption. I have so much love for people that only want the best for their children. I can't imagine how hard it is to place your own baby in the arms of someone else. I don't know that I could be so strong. So, how can I feel anything but love for them?
Anyway, I digress. The caseworker showed up at our house and immediately started to inspect our home. Yes, she opened closets and cupboards looking for hazardous/toxic chemicals. She checked every room for smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. She made sure we had a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, and made sure our medicine drawer was securely locked. It sounds like it took a long time, but really it took ten minutes and we passed. Then we had our joint interview, which was honestly just a nice chit-chat, followed by individual interviews. It was so laid back and relaxed. What was I so stressed about?! She didn't even notice that I polished all of our stainless steel appliances or that I scrubbed the glass shower doors so hard that you could see Mr. Clean himself smiling back at you! Oh well, I guess the house needed a good cleaning anyway. And we got the end result we were hoping for so I'm happy. Now we can enjoy the holidays and wait to be approved. It should take about six weeks. I just hope we don't run into any complications that might make the process take longer!
7 comments:
Congrats!!!
I felt the same way "What we took days to scrub and clean and you dind't notice or comment!"" ;)
But it is good to know it is done and now you are on your way!!!!
I'm so happy it went well. I was thinking about you the whole day & hoping you guys would get a great case worker that would be easy to talk to. Sounds like it all worked out! Yay for babies!
Gail, I'm so glad that you guys passed, and that stress is behind you. You two will be great parents!
Gail, I love that pic of you and Diego. You guys look so cute!
That's wonderful Gail! I'm so glad the process is going so smoothly for you!
I'm glad it all worked out. I can imagine how stressful it was, but it sounds like it went well. I'm not sure I have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and all my medicine locked up. They are making you extra prepared!
yea! congrats! this process must be pretty stressful for you two. but you guys are probably more prepared then anyone else...and i know for sure that i am still not as prepared. i'm so happy for you!
That is super! I saw your parents over Christmas break and we talked about the new little baby. I can't wait to see a picture of the three of you...
Post a Comment