Friday, January 21, 2011
Give me my car back.
I'm such a big fat baby! I want my car back! I know, I sound so spoiled. Our silly little sad white car, Hyundai Elantra, is pretty much dying. We have known this for the past six months or so. And hey, it is ten years old. We have been planning on buying a new car real soon and almost decided to go car shopping this saturday. See, for the past three or four months the car has been making this terrible, loud, thudding, clanking-type sound. It sounds like car parts are going to fall out in the middle of the road. So we took it to the dealership and got it fixed... supposedly. They had to put in an entirely new transmission and it cost over a thousand bucks. And then, two weeks later the clanking came back, louder and more horrible than ever. So here we are, waiting for the car to be quote "fixed" once again. In the meantime, Diego has to drive my Honda Civic to work and I have nothing. Diego told the people at the dealership that if it is going to cost a bunch of money again that we will just leave the car with them and buy a new one. It's not worth it. They said that it shouldn't cost very much because they didn't solve the problem the first time. But still, they don't know what's wrong. They pretty much have to take the whole car apart to figure out what is going on. And for now, we wait. They have had the car since wednesday and haven't even called us back to give any updates. And I just wait. I know many families survive with one car. I know I'm being spoiled. There is a park just outside my door and Josh seems to be handling the whole staying home thing better than I am. At least it's friday and Diego sometimes comes home early on fridays! Sometimes. I'm having a hard time drawing a conclusion to this rant so I'll just say the rant's over for now. Bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
come use mine. for real. i'm usually home by 2 and don't leave again for the rest of the day. i'd DIE without a car.
I understand. I loved my Ford Focus, but if we got over 6 inches of snow, it would get stuck. So when we had ONE storm dump almost 3 feet of snow, that would just the beginning of the end of my car. Like you, we were going to start car shopping, but we wanted to put it off until spring. But then it turned bitterly cold and my car wouldn't even start. Three days of that and I was at the dealership. I LOVE my new Ford Escape, but I still miss my car at times. Good luck!
I completely understand how you feel. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if we were home bound! Which is becoming more of a reality if gas gets to $5 a gallon! Good luck on getting your car fixed!
I know exactly how you feel. It is so hard when you are home bound! You get something like cabin fever and you just want out. I hope your car gets fixed soon.
I understand how hard that is. I don't go very many places during the day, but the knowledge that I have the freedom if I so choose-is priceless. Hope your car gets repaired and lasts at least a little while longer!
Post a Comment