Just got back from visiting the 'rents. I had a lovely time. The weather was awesome. I don't think it got above 80 degrees the entire time I was there. The fireworks were amazing. And Josh behaved really well most of the time (most of the time). He even slept perfectly in the crib at mom and dad's; naptime and nighttime.
But let me tell you - satellite tv is no good for me. Mom and dad just got satellite. I mean... it's really good for me because I love it so much. But it's bad for me because I love it so much. I watched a few too many movies. Some old favorites that I hadn't seen in forever. I bet most of you have never heard of these movies, except one.
I don't believe I have ever watched a single episode of I Love Lucy. Because I always found Lucille Ball to be a little annoying. But trust me, this movie is very cute. Nicky and Tacy are getting married and it's Tacy's dream to start life living in a large trailer. Their honeymoon is full of one disasterous event after another, all because of this very long trailer.
Next, To Kill a Mockingbird
Last but not least, Mask. Not The Mask. Just Mask. Ha ha! Don't hate. 
This is a good one, trust me. Crystal will be so jealous that I got to watch this without her. A true story of a young boy named Roy "Rocky" Dennis born with a severe skull deformation. His biker chick mother (Cher) does the best she can to raise him as a normal human being. Just try and hold back the tears!
There were some others, I admit. But these were my favorites from the trip. What will I do without my precious satellite? Oh. Get back to work and be a regular functioning human being and part of normal society? Ah, fine.
8 comments:
OK I've never seen any of those. Maybe I need to take a trip to Blockbuster?
Glad your back!
PS: I got the info for our YW secret sis. I'll call you.
Gail-we are in NM now too so sorry we missed you..
I love love LOVE the long long Trailer! It's one of my favorite memories with me Mom. She showed me so many funky old movies that are dear to my heart. Have you ever seen In the Good Old Summertime. It's got Van Johnson in it and Judy Garland and runs along the same lines as You've Got Mail. Another classic I highly recommend!
OOOhhhhhhhh Gail, you know me. I am over here seething with jealousy! Some time last week I saw that "The Long Long Trailer" was on and I made Jakes sit down to watch it with me... only to find out I had the times screwed up and it was already over. Really really bummed. And now I want to watch "Mask." For the summer camp parts.
I'll have to check those out. I love that picture of Josh in your blog title - so cute!
You crack me up and I LOVE LOVE the new pic on the front page. He seriously could NOT be any cuter!!!
I'll have to check that out Annie! Sounds good.
Crystal, remember how Rocky was showing the blind girl colors by using hot and cold rocks? "This is blue... This is red... And this is beautiful."
Gail: We had a great time at Urban Park with you, Joshie and your parents.
I'm S000ooo envious of that gorgeous park in Los Alamos. You didn't live that far from it when you were living in LA. How often did you go there?
We have Dish Network, but, I don't think we get all those old movies. We have the "Cheapy plan", but we do watch movies on Netflix and I have seen some really good ones - Dramas, being my favorites.
Hugs & kisses for Joshie.
Post a Comment