Josh's birthday party was pretty awesome! The weather was beautiful, tons of family came for the big event, and the cake was amazing. I do believe Josh became a little spoiled over the weekend, what with all the attention he got and the crap-load of presents he recieved. I don't think I'll make any more of his parties so extravagent but this was a big one so that's how I justify it. We barbequed at the park down the street because our house is just not big enough to hold so many people. And the cake - AMAZING.


Remember how I said the cake was amazing twice? Well, that's because it really was. Diego made everything on top out of pastillage. Did I spell that right? All the animals, the trees, the rocks he made. The water was made out of piping gel and tinted blue. The dirt is cocoa powder and sugar. Diego's dad made the whole cake and decorated and frosted the side. It was lemon flavored with a whip cream and lemon icing (joshy couldn't eat it though, because of his weird dairy allergy so he had to have a yellow cupcake with chocolate icing - also made by grandpa). He also made the adorable little mini cupcakes with little frosting elephants sitting on top. I wish I got a close-up of one of those.



10 comments:
The cake is amazing! Nice work Salgados. Happy birthday, Josh!
The cake looks wonderful!!! :0)
Whoa! Awesome cake! Remember the one I made for Sage's first birthday? That was probably better than the one you guys made. hahaha!!
Holy Cow, that CAKE! Happy Bday, Josh!
Here is that cake.
And here is the top. :)
I mean over the top as in really really awesome, of course.
What a fun day!
Have you seen the Cake Wrecks blog? (cakewrecks.blogspot.com)
Most of the time they do terrible cakes from "professional" bakeries, but on Sundays they post really awesome cakes made by both pros and regular type people. You should send in a pic! That cake is amazing!
Cute! I wish we could have made it. I hate missing cake.
First Birthdays should be grand; especially when the baby boy is so darn good looking.
He did a great job on the cake! I love doing my own cakes and I'd even like to take a class to hone my skills!
I'm with you on not every party being massive - - Grant's will be smaller this year because Kyle's 1st will be larger. Then next year Grant's will be the largerish one.
Looks like you had fun!
Gail, You got my curiousity going - What is a Crap-load? Just wondering? :)
Post a Comment