The doctor just called and our suspicions were correct. This unlucky little fellow (who loves his blanky so dearly) is allergic to milk, eggs, almonds, and peanuts. The milk and peanuts we were already pretty sure about. Eggs and almonds were a total surprise. What do you feed a one year old that can't eat cheese, peanut butter sandwiches, or scrambled eggs? Oh and even though he's not allergic to it, he doesn't like lunch meat.


We had an appointment with Josh's doctor yesterday so she could give us a demonstration on how to use the epi-pen and she gave us a prescription for two of them. And we have an appointment with an allergist on April 14th. Bleh...
12 comments:
Poor guy!!!! I would HATE if I couldn't eat those things. All my favorites. Peanut butter, eggs and cheese. My top three favorite foods. good luck coming up with ideas for what to feed your little man.
Are these allergies he could out grow?
I wish I could tell you what to feed him, but I have no ideas. That really makes it difficult to have that many allergies. Poor guy :(
Oh, I'm sorry Gail! I have a friend who has kids who are allergic to milk and peanuts. I think she uses soy stuff a lot. If I get a chance to talk to her, I'll ask her. Good luck!
BUMMER! What horrible things to be allergic to! Sorry, little Joshy...
Poor Little Guy :( ..I hope he will grow out of his allergies. The cake Diego made was amazing!! What a fun b-day for Josh :)
GOOD GRIEF! An allergy to PEANUTS. OH, NO.
He reminds me of Linus with his little "blanky".
What would Charlie Brown say about all this? "Joshie, thank your lucky stars that Chocolate's not on the allergy list."
Sending lots of hugs, kisses, and A Happy Easter.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Salgado
Actually, chocolate is on the list because it has milk in it. But I guess dark chocolate might be okay?
Gail,
I am a secret stalker of your blog - and I don't usually comment, but this one warrants it. I have a good friend in my ward and her daughter is allergic to all the top 8 allergens - except milk (she has been since she was 3 months). She was devastated and didn't know what to feed her - eventually she published her own cookbook. Every recipe is free of the top 8 allergens. I have had some of the recipes, and they are actually pretty tasty. Check out her blog for more info:
http://www.sophiesafecooking.com/
Good luck!!
-Jenny Beckstead McGuire
I just realized that anyone that reads my comment will really think I am a stalker - instead of someone that knows you and your family!! It is fun to keep up with you and Crystal through your blogs! Good luck with the allergies!!
-Jenny
Hope you and Mommy have a fun time in New Mexico.
Sorry we won't be here to see you guys, But Anna and Arianne will be.
We Wuv U Witto Joshie!
Grany and Grampy S
Joshy looks so precious holding his blanket. He's a sweety!
That's a bummer he has so many food allergies. I bet there's tons of ideas on protein sources other than dairy online. I guess it will take some creative menu planning.
I think you're such a good mommy to be in tune with Joshy's reaction to dairy and nuts.
Ok, I know this is from a million years ago...sorry about the delay.
James is allergic to peanuts. There is a wealth of information (almost too much information) on peanut/tree nut allergies. Have you gone to FAAN.org? It's all about food allergies and has good resources. Also, I'd suggest meeting with an allergst if you haven't already.
Post a Comment