Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ward Campout

Ok, so I have to admit, I wasn't so excited about going to the ward campout this weekend. But, alas, our calling is in the Activities Comittee and we had to go help out. I had a pretty good time when we got there though! We camped just outside of Payson, AZ and it was a beautiful spot. It was nice and green and surrounded by pine trees. It reminded me a lot of my hometown, Los Alamos. And the weather! It was probably in the high 70's, low 80's during the day and pretty cold at night. I haven't felt cold in a long time, and oddly enough, it felt pretty good. We had over one hundred people from the ward show up so it was a great turn out. Diego built a huge bon fire in the evening for everyone to gather around for a short program of singing songs and a devotional, then everyone was off to bed. We got up at about 5:30 am to set up breakfast for everyone and make another fire for people to eat around. After a few hours, the children played some games and people just left as they pleased. We almost decided to just stay for another night because it was so peaceful and relaxing but we were feeling a little too gross and dirty for that. I have to say, of all the activities we have planned in the past, this one ran the most smoothly. All in all, it was a nice weekend and I hope we can camp up there again someday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail, I'm glad you guys had fun! It looks so beautiful up there. I would love to get away. Maybe I can talk Ryan into taking US camping...(He doesn't like it).

Katy said...

Payson is so beautiful! You look like pros out there!

Annie said...

It's me Annie! I'm so glad you found me. I love being able to keep up with people that I feel like I haven't seen in years! How have you been dear? We are so good here. We love where we live and we love eachother so what else do we need right!?!

Love,
annie

Scott and Candice Moore said...

How fun! We were up in Pinetop this past weekend visiting family! I love the cooler weather! What a good idea for a ward activety!