Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I shouldn't eat ice cream before bed...

I had some whacky dreams last night! And I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact that I ate a blue bunny mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich at 10:30pm. Has anyone tried those? They are delicious. Deeeelicious. And they made for an entertaining set of dreams! One of which, I would like to share...

We were at a family gathering eating dinner at someone's house (maybe mine, I don't remember). My parents were even there from out of town, which was the reason for the dinner in the first place. Or so I thought. My sister, Marianne, was the last to arrive -

(Marianne enters holding a baby)
Me: Oh my gosh, Marianne! Who's baby is that?

Marianne: It's mine, I adopted it.

Me: You did?! I didn't even know you were trying to adopt. I thought you were done having kids.

Marianne: Well, I was just casually speaking with the birthmother. She didn't even seem serious so I was totally surprised when we got the call that she wanted us to adopt her baby.

Me: Wow, she's so cute. (she really was)
(suddenly something stirs inside me. wait a second. but I'm the one trying to adopt a baby. Marianne doesn't even want anymore babies. that should be my baby! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THIS BABY!!!!!)

Me: What agency did you work with?

Marianne: Oh I don't remember the name. It was some small group.

Me: (slowly inching Marianne back into a corner) Well, think! Why can't you remember? Think! What's the name of the agency? I want a baby too!

Marianne: It was Smith! Smith Adoptions! I gotta go!
(Then I wake up)

No. There is no such adoption agency called Smith Adoptions. Trust me, I checked this morning. Love you Marianne! I don't really think you're trying to steal my babies.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Ooooh, sad! What a sad dream! You should dream about unicorns and rainbows after eating ice cream.

Gordon and Patricia Peterson said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I was dreaming about talking marmosets last night. That really freaked me and didn't even have ice cream.

Love, Dad

Marianne said...

I'm cry-laughing right now. That's heart-breakingly hilarious.

Chelsea said...

Ha ha ha! I think my favorite part is that your dream came with illustrations.. :)

Jamie said...

I love me some Blue Bell. I eat it almost nightly. I wish I'd have some good dreams like that. Or even dreams at all. I don't think I sleep well enough to dream. Sigh. But great dream, thanks for sharing.