As I was waiting for them to get back on the phone, Josh ran over to me, started to cry and then pointed to his tummy. I grabbed his hand to run to the toilet. But we didn't make it. He barfed all over the floor right as the lady on the phone got back to me. She said, "Well, as long as he's having no other symptoms..." I cut in right there and said, "Actually, he just threw up. Oh! There he goes again!" Phone lady says, "Okay, take him to ER. Take him right now." I said okay. But I didn't take him. I called Diego first. He's my voice of reason. He is better at seeing the big picture than I am. He told me that since Josh barfed and the swelling in his lips was going down, he will probably be okay. I told him that if Josh barfs again we would go for sure.
Well friends, he did barf again. About an hour later, in my master closet, and probably twice as much as before. All over me as well. I called Diego again. Once again, Diego advised not to go to the ER. It's true that Josh wasn't having difficulty breathing. And he was acting much happier after that second episode. That's also when Joshy's lips really started to reside back to normal size. After the whole ordeal we headed to Joe's Barbeque where Josh had a plate of jalapeno sausage links, which further confirmed that he really was feeling much better.
It was really scary but I'm also glad we didn't go to the ER. We would have spent two hundred bucks for them to check Josh out and send us home. But still - SCARY! I finally looked at the ingredients on the cereal box. Peanuts was one of the first listed. So, even though he's not allergic to milk or eggs anymore. Peanuts, yes. Definitely, yes.
(oh, in case you're wondering... Resolve Pet Deep Clean works really great on a soiled carpet)

5 comments:
Oh man! What an ordeal! I don't envy you. It would be hard to live with a peanut allergy- they seem to be in everything! Glad Josh is okay and you didn't waste a bunch of time and money at the ER!
Oh my goodness, Gail!! I'm sorry. That is very scary!! I am glad he ended up being ok.
I am so glad to hear Joshy recovered!! I remember when I lived in Phoenix and I picked up Rachy and Anna from daycare one afternoon. The girls were hungry so and gave them each a snack size butterfinger.. At the time, it didn't even occur to me that butterfinger had peanuts.. We were stuck in traffic and Rachy's throat started to swell. That was one of the scariest moments in my life!!! We finally got through traffic and to the nearest stop to get her some benedryl. I completely understand the feeling of panic and vunerablity..
That is so scary! Thank goodness it worked out the way it did. What a cute little guy he is!
Post a Comment